Foo-Blah!

Monday, June 21, 2004

Gmail and the pains of web filtering

I want Gmail. I can't say it any other way than that. I want a 1000Meg email account! Great, who doesn't you ask. And what about the rest of the title you ask? Well, I work for a contract company located at a Fortune 500 company that uses a web filter. I'll admit that web filters are nice and all, but they blocked the Gmail site! I know that those reading this are saying, "Well duh! Gmail is a web based email service and good web filters block that!" I have no argument against that, but damn it, I want to do some more reading up on it. I want to bask in the wonderful information about how great Gmail is/will be once it goes live. But instead I have to get second hand info from slashdot. Don't get me wrong, I love slashdot, but its just not the same....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home