Foo-Blah!

Friday, July 30, 2004

Casa de Kerr Part 2

Well, the wife and I have been looking all over for a better deal on a new home. Thus far we haven't found anything comparable. Lets be honest, 121.5 for a new home in the NE side, Judson school district, 4k off in options, and a good rate for the lot. That’s a damn good deal. We only have one concern though. Steph's company does grounds testing and they have found that the soil has a high plasticity rating. While this is not great, we can still build if the builder uses 36" braces for the foundation instead of 30". While I'm not 100% sure what they mean, I do have a really good idea as to what to look for. Steph's company has also offered to inspect the foundation whenever they do start building. The only thing to do know is to talk with the builder and see if they'll build on 36" braces. If not, I guess that's a sign not to build there. Deal or no deal, I will not risk my family's well being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home