Foo-Blah!

Friday, August 13, 2004

XP SP2

I've recently downloaded the new Windows XP Service Pack 2 at a whopping 270Megs! Checked the MD5Sum and did a virus scan. Everything checked out ok, so after backing up my system I did an install. Oddly, after getting about 40% of the way done, I get an error saying that it couldn't find a certain dll?! I chose to cancel the install and after it backtracked to 20% the install started over again and everything was fine. M$ added a 'new' security center to manage the built in firewall, auto updates and virus scans. I must admit that I did not feel comfortable telling M$ to register that I was running Norton. Why the hell do they need to know what virus scanning software I'm running? Additionally, the new version of IE now has a built in popup blocker and an add-on manager. I haven't used the new IE and probably won't, FireFox is still great. Style XP and Nero are now pooched though I haven't tried reinstalling. Other than that, I'm still playing around with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home