Foo-Blah!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Seattle

My first business venture has taken me to the wonderful city of Seattle. It’s a really cool town way up in the mountains. As I describe it, keep in mind that I’m from San Antonio. The weather is pretty cool up here. It’s about 45 degrees here and the locals consider it spring. But surprisingly, it’s not that cold. I wear a coat but it’s mainly because of the wind. What I’m really surprised at is that it hasn’t rained once yet. The locals say that they’re in a drought because it hasn’t rained in the last 45 days or something like that.

We’re staying at a hotel called the Edge Water Hotel. It’s a really nice hotel right on one of the lakes. My hotel room overlooks the water and the beautiful hill/mountain sides. Behind the hotel is downtown Seattle, part of it really. The architecture is something like that of Sim City. The really clean/cool looking tall buildings built right on the mountain side. There are lots of skywalks between the buildings and elevators that take us from sea level to 40 feet above, which is the elevation of one city block away. Its really one of those things you have to see.

Other than that, the Space Needle is pretty cool, but nothing to go crazy over. You can actually see the Space Needle and both the Seahawk and Mariner stadiums from the hotel. There are lots of seafood places here so you can always get your fill of fish and chips. Dr. Pepper is kind of rare here which is really detrimental for me :) However, I can still get my hands on some. All in all it’s a really cool city. A little crowded for me but really nice. If you get a chance to come up here, take it. Especially if you’re from San Antonio!