Foo-Blah!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Cars

The other week I took a day off of work/studying to go down to the valley to attend a funeral. While traveling I called Steph after dinner. The first and only thing that I heard was, "Josh. I've been in an accident and I can't find a tow truck. ". After calling back numerous times, calling friends, and family to check up on her it turned out that she was three houses down from a friends house whom I called. Thank the Lord she was fine. She did manage to rip out the bottom part of the car though. The frame was bent, twisted, etc from the front of the car to the steering wheel. So, after taking it into the shop the insurance company deemed it as a total loss. While I was upset about the car I was happy when they told us that the blue book value was $5k. The car was a 2000 Chevy Cavalier that cost $13k. I was expecting $3k at the most, but I'll definitely take $5k. After doing some car shopping we are now the proud owners of a Pontiac G6. Nice car that gets some good gas mileage and has a decent size engine. So alas, we're now in even more debt :)